Donation Totals

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Morning run with Coley...

I wanted to do a long run with the little guy, planning on 8 miles, so we got started on what I thought would be a new route, but instead I got to the point where I was supposed to cross 210, only to find out that there was no way across! So we stepped back onto a more familiar route, planning on doing both of the two four mile routes that we typically make. Cole was kept entertained by pointing out all the different colored cars and trucks while I kept busy by... well running! Kept it nice and steady, putting in an 8:06 min/mile pace, until about the 4 mile mark when Cole told me he was cold and wanted to go see mama. So we took a side trip and dropped him off at home and then I headed out for the final 4 mile effort. The second four mile effort I decided to push it a bit harder and maintained a strong 7:35 min/mile pace, finishing the four miles in 30:23. Felt pretty good and it was great to finally get out for a nice long run, especially with the tempo effort at the end! Now to go out and see if I can't get some corporate sponsors!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009