Donation Totals

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2010 Donation Request Letter

Hey Everyone!

I hope 2010 is treating you all well. As it is a new year, that means another yearly effort for Caldwell Cause! Last year we raised over $3500 together for Mary Payton's Miracle! Thank you so much for your support. For the first time since I started doing this, I have decided to continue working for the same charity this year. The story of Mary Payton and her family and the struggles and triumphs they are going through has really touched me and I am dedicated to doing whatever I can to get MP and other children afflicted with Batten's disease a chance at the experimental gene replacement therapy she needs. This therapy is currently in the clinical trial stage under the principle investigators at Cornell University, however, based on MP's age, she does not qualify as she is beyond the target window. However, Cornell is willing to provide the treatment for her and several other children in a parallel study! This is wonderful news! The catch is that the treatment for all of these kids is approximately $2.5 million dollars. Thus, raising funds for the down payment for this treatment is desperately needed so they can get underway in an effort to save the lives of these kids. Of course all funds donated are fully tax deductible.

As in past years, if you are willing to support me in this endeavor, just respond to this email. There are many ways to help out.

1) You can make a flat donation

2) You can make a pledge donation, where you pledge so many dollars per mile. As last year, I anticipate putting in a combined 5000 miles this year. As always, feel free to put a cap or max donation amount.

3) You can make If you would like to get involved, you can join me by challenging me to see who can complete more miles (or some prorated comparison) for the year, the 'loser' donating a higher portion of a predetermined donation level.

4) Or if their story has touched you like it has me, and/or you are even more dedicated, join me in this endeavor and help me raise money directly! I can provide assistance in getting you in getting setup. It is super easy to get going and you will know that we are working together for such a great cause and doubling our efforts, all while we are working to stay in great shape together!

5) Betsy and I are trying to put together a running race to raise additional funds this Fall. Not sure if all the logistics will come together yet, but if so and you are local and would like to volunteer a Sunday morning to help, let me know!

6) Tell as many people as you can about the fight that the Vigil family, along with many others, are currently fighting. The more people who know, the better the chance that Mary Payton's Miracle will happen!

I have attached a letter from Mary Payton's father that does a much better job of describing the current situation and needs. If you are interested in supporting Caldwell Cause this year any of the methods listed above, or some other way I haven't thought of yet, just reply and let me know how you want to help out! As always, these yearly efforts have been such a success because of the support of all of you, my family and friends. Hopefully we can have another successful year together!

Best Wishes for a Wonderful 2010!

Josh

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009