Donation Totals

Monday, February 8, 2010

Trainer work... of my own design.

Well Federal workers got the day off due to the "Snowpocolypse" so when Betsy and I got up this morning, she decided to do a treadmill run while I did a bike workout on the trainer. However, because we were doing it together, I wasn't able to watch a video, so it was up to me to decide on a workout to do. Thus, I decided it all on the fly, starting with a easy warmup, then the standard Spinervals 3x30s 53-15 sprint warmup, before moving into one legged drills. For the latter I switched legs every min, doing 3 mins on each leg, pushing a 53-23 gear. Following that and the subsequent rest, I pushed into a 5 min set alternating between seated pushing a 53-14 and standing in 53-13 every 15 sec, then taking another rest. I then hopped into the main set, a ladder workout, starting with 5 min in 53-23, 4 min in 53-21, 3 min in 53-19, 2 min in 53-17 and then finally 1 min in 53-15, with a 1 min rest between sets. After the next rest, I finished up with a 3x30s build sprint; pushing in 53-15, and building effort every 10s for the full 30s effort before taking a 30s rest between. Finally took a nice 3 min cool down before stretching and situps and pushups... this day off from work stuff isn't so bad!!!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009