Donation Totals

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wow, I did NOT have 'IT' today.

Got going for a bike ride upon getting home, hitting the road around 5 PM. Figured I would head down to Indian Head, turn down 225 and head back via Bumpy Oak, for what I figured would be a nice 20 mile ride. Of course I now find out that this is actually a bit over 24 miles, making me get home a bit later than I (or more importantly Betsy) anticipated, making for a difficult night. Anyway, I felt like I was riding into a head wind the way down to Indian Head, but upon turning onto 225, I QUICKLY realized I hadn't seen what a headwind was! The wind was quite strong, and with my legs already tired, I quickly realized that I probably should have taken today for rest. Of course with the gorgeous weather, how could I resist!? Anyway, once I finally turned onto Bumpy Oak, things started to pick up, even with the big hill toughening the ride a bit. Overall it was a pretty mediocre ride, but glad I got out for something...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009