Donation Totals

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Afternoon ride!

Well, it has been a fun day. It all started off with an early trip out to go pick strawberries as a family, only to find out that we forgot our wallets at home! So we head home and I stayed with Cole to try and get him down for a nap, while Betsy went yard saling and to pay for the strawberries we picked. Well Cole didn't take a nap, so instead we sang and played and read until Betsy arrived home. Once Betsy got home, we finally got the boy to sleep, albeit only long enough for Betsy to get dressed and onto the road for her bike ride. So Cole and I played some more until Betsy got home from her ride and then I got to get out for my ride. I certainly felt much better than my last ride, despite the fact that the wind was just as strong this time. Felt pretty strong on the ride, getting in the 227 Hill and Bumpy Oak. Overall it was a great ride, even if only 22 miles.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009