Donation Totals

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Fri May 22nd - Lunchtime run at work.

Got myself out around lunchtime to meet Mike over at the gym and get in a 10k. Met up with Bill and Steve, who joined us for the first part of the run up until about 2.5 miles in, just before the hill. Felt ok getting started, however the heat was really picking up. I still have yet to get used to the heat, very dissappointing. After an easy mile 1 (8:25 min), we picked up the pace a bit, however right about 3/4 of a mile into the 2nd mile, ran into a HUGE black snake that was sunning itself across the path, taking up the entire width of the path! This might not be understood, but I am not the biggest fan of snakes in any form, certainly not the long and large variety. I was proud of my self though, I worked my way around the back of it (it didn't move), and got running again, finishing mile 2 in 7:40 min. After Bill and Steve turned around, Mike and I took the hill a bit easier, finishing mile 3 in 8:27, before picking it up on the way back, finishing with miles of 7:53, 8:06, 8:05 and then the final 0.15 miles at a 7:46 min/mile pace. Had one brief moment toward the beginning of mile 4 where I had to stop and get rid of a side stitch, but overall did ok considering the trouble I have been having with the heat recently. Finished off the night with burgers at Mike and Rachel's before heading with them to the Nationals-Orioles game for Cole's (and our) first trip to the Nat's new stadium!!!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009