Donation Totals

Monday, May 18, 2009

Running in Ithaca!


Well I am in Ithaca NY for the next two days for an Atomic Layer Deposition Workshop at Cornell. I got into my hotel around 6:30PM, so luckily I had planned ahead and saved a run onto my GPS using www.mapmyrun.com. If you are a runner or biker who travels, you HAVE to check out that site. It lets you map your own runs or look at ones others have mapped so you can get a lay of the land and the nice areas to run. Using my Garmin program and Edge 305, I could upload the route into my GPS and follow along so I could enjoy the scenery without worrying about getting lost! Anway, I took off towards the University, swinging out over towards Beebe Lake, having to stop to take in the views for a min, deciding right then that I needed to get up early tomorrow to go for another run around the lake. The weather was perfect, low 60's, little wind, and bright sun, perfect for a run and for the first time in weeks I had a truly enjoyable run. After passing the lake, I turned onto Caldwell Rd (I think it was named after me), which of course has a huge hill (fitting of course) with grades upto 19% over 1/3 of a mile. But with how great I was feeling, I maintained a 7:49 min/mile pace! I finished by heading back around the Vet school and then turning into a state park, before finishing back at the hotel. I finished the miles in 7:43, 7:53, 8:13 (Caldwell Hill), 7:47, 7:51 and then the final 1/2 mile at a 7:06 min/mile pace. Overall finishing the 5.5 miles in 42:59. I then got to finish the night off with a burger and a couple local micro brews... does it get better? Yes if Betsy and Cole were here to enjoy it with me...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009