Donation Totals

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Post-Church Bike Ride.

We went to the 8am mass this morning and with how exhausted Cole was, we assumed he would go right down, so I decided to get out on the road, with the thought that Betsy would ride out when I got back. I got out for the 28 mile loop. I started off a bit stiff, with a nice head wind to start, but after the first five miles or so I got looser and started to have a really great ride. Did have a problem with my cadence monitor but it wasn't that big of a deal. After finishing the final hill on Bumpy Oak, I finally broke out, pushing the pace into the 22-24 mph range for the remainder of the way home. However, got a pinch flat when I hit Livingston and thinking that Cole was sleeping and Betsy was waiting on me, I just filled it with a CO2 cartridge and road home on a mostly flat rear wheel. Of course, I got home to find the baby boy eating lunch, found out that he never napped and that Betsy already had taken him for a run! Anyway, he got right to sleep after that and I finally got out to clean our bikes, something that was SORELY needed for a while. Overall, finished the 27.85 miles in 1:29:59.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009