Donation Totals

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who thought so much could happen on the bike trainer?

I forgot my gym bag at home this morning, so after trying to plan to meet up with Betsy to get my bag but failing, I left work to get home early so Betsy and I could go for a quick run. But unfortunately the rain and thunder/lightning kept that from happening, at least not with Cole. So Betsy went out for a short run, while I took Cole into the basement with me and set him up in the pack n' play while I did the Muscle Breakdown Spinervals workout on my bike. Was having a great workout and Cole was enjoying himself so I thought this was going to be a great workout. However, with Betsy in the shower, the dogs started barking like crazy! This of course flustered Cole and it was all downhill, forcing me to grab the little guy, while dripping with sweat to see that one of my former neighbors daughters needed to use our phone. Did I mention she was drunk? How about that her husband (?) and granddaughter were there? How about that the grand daughter had a baby goose that she found on the side of the road? Or that they were all barefoot? How about that she made 20 phone calls and then after not being able to reach her sister asked if I could drive them up the street to her brother in law's. Sure, anything to get back to my workout. Well I drove them down to her brother-in-law's only to find her eating chips and dip on his porch, while her husband and granddaughter sat in my car. Yeah, fun... 10 min later, after telling them that I had to leave, she asked to borrow $20 to pay her brother-in-law for letting them stay there while they waited for her sister... Uhhhh... do you see I am in bike shorts? Ok, sorry, but had to get that down on paper... just too weird...

Anyway, it was too late to get back on the bike at that point as I needed to feed and bathe Cole and then get him to bed, so it was another 30 min before I got to get back downstairs and finish my workout... Anyway, really good workout, leaving me quite tired. Looking forward to finally getting out for a run with Mike P tomorrow at lunch.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009