Donation Totals

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Second Run around Cornell!

After the wonderful run I had yesterday evening, I couldn't keep myself from running again first thing this morning! So I got up at 6AM only to find 35 degree weather. Me thinking, 'hell its May, it should be warm' plus weather.com telling me that it was supposed to be warm, didn't pack any long sleeves or pants. But, running warms you up, so off I went anyway! I actually got in a bit over 7 miles, starting off on the same route as yesterday, but then taking a quick detour to loop through the horticulture and herb garden, before taking the path around the lake. Upon crossing the main bridge on the western side of the lake, I had to stop and take in the scenery, checking out the waterfall and the pristine view, before finally realizing that I had to get a move on. After that, I went around the north side of the lake, getting back onto my path from yesterday, but instead of climbing Caldwell Hill (I know, booo for me) I cut through the arboretum. Of course when in a valley, you can't avoid the climb out, so don't worry, I still had to push through that steady difficult climb with two hills with grades up to 16%! The arboretum was gorgeous and really kept me looking around. Finally, I got dumped onto yesterdays path again, but this time I cut through the East Ithaca Nature Trail, where it was a gorgeous path along a creek that was pretty flat. It was here that I got in a really nice push, putting in a sub-7:00 min mile. I then had one more significant hill (15%) to climb before heading back to the hotel. Great run overall, wish I had a few more days to explore! Overall, I finished the 7.11 miles in 55:58 for a 7:52 min/mile avg. The miles themselves were completed in 7:56, 8:01, 8:27 (off road with stairs), 8:12, 8:08, 6:57, 7:31 and then the final 0.11 miles at a 6:44 min/mile pace.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009