Donation Totals

Monday, May 11, 2009

Group lunchtime run in Oxon Hill Farm.

Got a break in the rain long enough to get out for a run with the NRL group. Mike and I got there right before 11 and there was actually a big group ready to go. We took off with six of us, Mike P, the other Mike, Bill, Ronan, Mark and myself, with the first mile being spent chatting with Bill about his 1/2 marathon this past weekend. After a 9:27 min first mile, we got in gear and started picking up the pace, with Mike, Ronan, Mark and myself heading out together for the rest of the 10k loop. We knocked out the second mile in 8:20, then picked up the pace a bit more, getting in mile three, including the hill, in 8:10. It was shortly after this that we kicked it up another notch, finishing the next mile in 7:45 down the hill before kicking it up one final gear for a 7:16 mile. Just after this I fell off the back a bit and I made it my goal to catch back up with them before finishing at NRL. I am quite proud to say that I finishing the final 1.12 miles at a 7:17 min/mile pace, catching the guys just before the guard shack at NRL. Great run, a bit harder than I was anticipating, but with the nice cool weather I couldn't complain!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009