Donation Totals

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Running from the rain...

Was busy all day and by the time closing time rolled around, I still hadn't gotten out for a run. So I made my way home and got Cole in the stroller just in time to see it starting to drizzle. Almost decided not to run, but Betsy guilted me into it, so I put on the rain shield and Cole and I took off. Tried to keep close to home in case it rained again, but it didn't matter. I got out for a nice easy warmup mile and then settled into a nice run, but by about mile 5 the rain started to fall and fall and fall, so much so, that by the time I finally found a nice tree cover, Cole and I had to stop just so I could see where to go next and hope it would slow down. Well it did finally slow down... after we got home. So I ended the run after 5.75 miles soaking wet and pushing to get back into the house as soon as I could to get dry. Overall, it was a pretty good run, with miles in 8:43, 8:13, 8:15, 8:17 and 8:08 before finishing the final 3/4 mile at a 7:54 min/mile pace.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009