Donation Totals

Monday, July 13, 2009

First Bike Commute Home!



Well I finally did it. Betsy let me attempt to commute home biking after many a year of attempting. I found a route that I thought was workable and Betsy dropped me off at work with my bike this morning. After some second guessing, Betsy gave in and let me try it. I know she was just worried, the roads around DC on the MD side aren't exactly 'bike friendly'! Anyway, it was better than I thought. A hairy point on Livingston, but other than that it was a pretty nice ride! The backpack was rough, 16 pounds and really not well suited for riding, but that can be solved. I really think that this could work again in the future! Anyway, there was a lot of hills, and with me feeling my way around the avg was way down, only about 17 mph, but still a really successful first commute!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009