Donation Totals

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Running at NIST



Well as I said yesterday, things didn't go as planned with my work at NIST, so I ended up making a second early morning trip back out today. Got going with what was supposed to be a simple development, only to find out that one of the samples didn't come out properly, so I ended up remaking it from scratch. Therefore, while the pattern was being written, I got out for a run. MAN was it hot! Around 90 degrees, wicked humid. Took a strange route over the first mile, but then just did a loop around the NIST campus. Got in 4.25 miles at a really good pace, especially considering the aforementioned heat and humidity! Anyway, averaged 7:43 min/mile, with miles finished in 7:40, 7:43, 7:50, 7:43 and then the final 1/4 mile at a 7:29 min/mile pace. Not too shabby...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009