Donation Totals

Friday, July 3, 2009

Running around Amy and Dan's!

So our 4th of July trip has begun. Betsy and Cole drove up on Tuesday, while I got the extra day of work in on Wed. Not wanting two cars up in New England, I spent yesterday on various forms of mass transit, starting at 7am and arriving in Conn around 4:30 or so. Long day. Hence, I didn't get a workout in yesterday. However, woke up at Amy and Dan's today and Betsy and I borrowed their Zin jogging stroller and got out for what was supposed to be a 5 mile run. Let me tell you, running with a different stroller REALLY makes me appreciate our Bob stroller. It was like I was pushing a weight in front of me instead of just rolling along in front of me. Added to the workout for sure. We started off fairly well, keeping 8 min miles the whole way, but as it was new territory to us, I had put our plotted course onto the GPS to make sure we knew where we were going. Unfortunately, I forgot to plug it in last night and the battery died right at the 4 mile mark. So up to that point we had put in miles in 8:16, 7:56, 8:05 and 8:08. We kept up that pace, but missed some turns and ended up following our trek out instead of the way I planned, so our 5 mile run turned into about 5.4, not a huge deal, but mentally it was a bit of a beat down since we were trying to figure out how to get back. Good run overall though and glad we got out!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009