Donation Totals

Saturday, July 25, 2009



Riding to Cobb Island! Well it is the last day of the Tour de France, and as I said I have been taking part in Mapmyride's Tour Challenge, where you upload your GPS info about your ride that day and it gives you your virtual time, as if you had actually ridden in the tour that day! Because of that, I decided to give it a go to see if I couldn't break the top 10 in the challenge today, so I arranged with Betsy that I would get up and get on the road by 7am and ride down to Cobb Island from our house for a nice 50 mile ride (48.56 to be exact) and she and Cole would meet me down at the Island for breakfast and then a dip in the Potomac River. Being that I wanted to do well in the challenge, I decided to knock down for at least 19.5 mph, but I found out that the roads toward the end weren't ideal, with rough surfaces slowing me down to about 19.3 mph overall. Still not too shabby. I must say, overall it was a great ride and I felt pretty fantastic. Ended up finishing with an attempt at a sprint around Cobb Island before heading back to Captain Jack's Crab Shack for coffee and breakfast. Betsy was a bit late, but after we ate we got to head over to the Potomac just on the other (Virginia) side of the Nice Bridge and swam with Cole for a bit. Great morning of fun. Hope we can do that more often...

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009