Donation Totals

Friday, August 21, 2009

Riding before work

I missed out on my workout yesterday due to a really long day at work, so with us going to dinner tonight, I wanted to get my bike ride in first thing this morning. Got out and was still debating where to go ride, first thinking to bike down to Indian Head, then changing my mind and thinking I would do the short Mt. Carmel, but after dropping down the hill on 227, I noticed that the Rail Trail was paved off of 227 going towards White Plains. Wow, the wind was rough and my legs were TIRED. Couldn't ever really get going, but still had a decent 25 mile trip, putting in an avg speed of 18.4 mph. UGH, anyway, road out to White Plains before turning around and taking a couple different roads back. Got home in time to shower and then head out to work, but still don't feel very recovered... And long run tomorrow... should be fun.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009