Donation Totals

Saturday, August 15, 2009

'Long' Run after Georgia and Flu

Well we left Georgia on Wednesday morning, driving straight through until we got home late in the afternoon. I went to work Thursday, planning to get in a run with Mike, but of course after missing most of the week I had a bunch to do to catch up again. I gradually felt worse as the day went on and by the time I got home I was feeling quite terrible, actually going to bed by 7:30PM and cancelling mountain biking for Friday morning with Alex. Work was rough on Friday, but I got a bunch done, so I left around 1PM to come home and crash again, not really feeling remotely better until that night. So when I got up feeling much better this morning, I really had to question if I was ready for a run, even a short 'long' run of 6 miles. Well I went anyway of course, but with the heat (it will hit 91 degrees today they are saying), it was pretty rough, but we finished well, keeping a 8:24 min/mile pace throughout. Will be taking it easy tomorrow, maybe just getting in a light bike ride.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009