Donation Totals

Monday, March 8, 2010

YAY I got to bike outside!

Spring must be coming because I finally got out for a bike ride... yup OUTSIDE for a bike ride! It was somewhere in the 50's. Was a pretty frustrating day, so I gave up around 4 and came home to burn off some irritation. My neck/shoulders have been really sore, so I almost didn't go, but manned up to get it in. Went out only for about 20 since I didn't have all that much sunlight, but still got home in time to get out for a family walk with the pups too! Felt pretty good, wore the legs out more than I anticipated, but managed to average 19.1 mph, not bad for the first time out this spring.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009