Donation Totals

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A gorgeous day for Bumpy Oak Hill!

On the way to work this morning, quickly realized how gorgeous it was going to be. Originally I was going to go for a run at lunch, but I got held over in the NSI and couldn't make it out in time, so I quickly realized if I could get out at a reasonable hour then I could get out for a bike ride! Ironically, my decision to put off some work last night to get home by 5 to hang out with Cole and Betsy, actually set my schedule so that I was done around 4 today, plenty of time to get out for my ride! Anyway, got home and took off for my bike ride. i originally debated about going for the 28 mile Mt Carmel ride (my favorite loop), but quickly realized that I was still getting some of my bike legs back, so I opted to cut it short and go for a 20 miler. IT turned out to be a pretty good decision, especially considering the wind. Overall it was a pretty nice ride, great to get out again. I averaged 19 mph and felt really strong out of the saddle on the climbs. Looking forward to getting my legs completely back!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009