Donation Totals

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Early morning run.

Had a meeting at 11am and I knew it would be a late night, so I decided to get in a run this morning before work. So I got started, just thinking I wanted to maintain an steady pace, maybe just under 8 min/mile, but once again at the first mile mark I found I had put in a 7:28 mile, then I made a concious effort to slow up some, but I had to stop briefly to stretch out some, so the effort was lost and I ended up finishing the next miles in 7:20 before finally succeeding in pulling it back some, finishing the next mile in 7:39 min/mile. After another bit, I got chased down by what turned out to be a friendly male pitbull that forced me to stop and try to ward off his many advances, before finally getting free to finish the final mile, which I finished in about 7:19 for an overall time of 29:47 for the 4 miles, just short of PR time, albeit with some stops.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009