Donation Totals

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Long Run

Colvin had a really rough night, between teething and a bit of a cold, so Betsy and I slept in and decided to not take him for our long run. This of course meant that Betsy and I needed to run separately, so Betsy went first, while Cole and I sat at home dancing and playing (he now sings to Cold Play's Viva La Vida!!! SOOOO CUTE!!!). Betsy got home and I then got started. I was planning on running 9 miles, but by mile 2 I was already realizing that I should have eaten something more before I left and my run through Hard Bargain Farm was not quite as long as anticipated, so it ended up being 8 mile instead. No matter, the hills still did me in, pushing me out to >8:20 min/miles for miles 3,4, and 5, before digging back in and pushing out about 8 min miles from there on out. I did die out with about 1/2 a mile left, but overall still finished fairly strong. Considering this was my first real long run since Sept in Helsinki, I was pretty happy with the effort.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009