Donation Totals

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Afternoon run at Bolling

I wanted to get in a nice run just to loosen up before heading out for Charlottesville tomorrow, so I headed over to Bolling to get the run in. I got started at the fitness club, keeping a nice 8 min/mile pace pushing off through the general's row, then down to the water along the path. It seems like they finally finished the trail, with it extended past the DIA into the Anacostia Park! However, the downside of this was I kept on running and got to a point where I had some trouble finding my way back. I ended up figuring it out, but only after spending an extra 1/2 mile running around trying to find my way. It ended up being about 5.5 miles at a pace of 7:49 min/mile overall. The miles were completed in 8:08, 7:53, 7:50, 7:49, 7:42, and finished the final 1/2 mile at a 7:24 min/mile pace.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009