Donation Totals

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Afternoon Tempo Ride

So today has been a great day, started off with Betsy having training for Behavior Watch with the Lion's at the National Zoo, so Cole and I had a morning to ourselves. We started off with church, where he was the best behaved little boy a daddy could ask for, only uttering a cute little 'Uh Oh' when he dropped his milk, which of course got quite a few giggles from the congregation. After hitting Lowe's for a new chisel, we got a bagel as a treat at Panera before heading home for a bit of play time and then lunch and a nap. After Betsy got home, I got out for my tempo bike ride. I did really well heading out, with a really strong tail wind, averaging 20.9 mph over the first 10 miles. Of course when you have a tail wind on the way out, you have to have a head wind on the way back. Which of course beat me into submission over the next 19 miles, dropping my average to 17.8 mph, ugh... Overall, I still averaged 19.3 mph, so not too shabby. Now for a beer and an afternoon watching the Pats play the hated Jets with Betsy and Cole!!!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009