Donation Totals

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Charlottesville Turkey Trot 5K

We arrived at my mother in law's for Thanksgiving yesterday evening and knowing we were going to be here, we decided to run the 5K in Karen's neighborhood. As it was close by, we started with a nice easy jog from Karen's house down to the start line, keeping about an 8:40 min/mile pace. After stretching and waiting a bit, we pushed our way to the start line and then got started. I took off pretty quickly, getting out a 7:05 min/mile, then hit the hills on the second mile (grades up above 10% multiple times), which slowed me down to 7:41 min mile. Following the completion of that mile, I was able to get it going again and put out a final 7:15 min/mile and then finished the final 0.1 miles at a 6:08 min/mile pace, finishing in 22:23 overall. Considering this was my first 5K outside of a triathlon since 2004 and was an extremely hilly course, I was quite pleased with the overall result! Will get my placement tomorrow! Betsy on the other hand finished in about 24 min, which last year would be enough for a top 3 finish in her age group! It will be interesting to see how she finished tomorrow! Afterwards Betsy and I did a nice easy cool down run home.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009