Donation Totals

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Waiting out the rain, then got in my bike ride.

It rained all morning, so I had to wait all day before the rain finally broke around 3PM and I was able to grab my bike and hit the road for a short ride. Got going and put in a nice ride of just over 20 miles. Felt pretty strong, especially on the first big hill on Marshall Hall Rd, but by the turn around down in Indian Head, ran into a pretty stiff head wind and took a lot out of me. Did alright though, averaging 18.6 mph for my second road ride of the year. Looking forward to a nice easy run tomorrow with Mike P.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009