Donation Totals

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Family run on a gorgeous day!

It was by far the most beautiful day we have had in the new year! Temps in the mid 70's, little wind and bright clear skies! Further, my parents and Ethan and Ryan were scheduled to pass through our way around 11am, so after Cole woke us up around 7:30, we had some breakfast and hit the road. Planned on going out for 5 miles with Betsy and Cole, and then figured that I would head off for an additional 3 miles on my own, but I guess I was still recovering from my run with Mike on Thursday. Therefore, we finished the 5.25 miles and called it a day. Of course with pushing the jogging stroller (of course I doubled this workout by pushing Ethan, Ryan and Cole around in the wheel barrow later on too!), it was still a great workout. Kept an average pace of 8:19 min/mile. Got the miles in 8:17, 8:14, 8:11, 8:22, 8:28 and then finished the final 1/4 mile at a 8:30 min/mile pace. Great run and then we got to have a great visit after!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I so agree! Today is a perfect running day. So glad you guys had a good one! :)

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009