Donation Totals

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Lunchtime run at work!

So we had a pretty good crew today for an afternoon run. Mike P and I got together for an 11am run on the Oxon Hill route, but when we got to the gym found that a couple others, Bill (who I know from softball), another Mike and a guy Steve from Optical Sciences joined in as well. We got off at a bit slower of a pace, putting in the first mile in 8:46, with me then having to briefly stop to answer the call of nature at about 1 1/4 miles in. As they continued on without me, I put in a strong pace to catch up with them putting in a second mile in 7:46, before settling in with the guys at a decent pace of around 8:30 min/mile. However, just before the big hill, Steve, and Bill peeled off to head back (the other Mike had fallen off and I think he also turned around earlier). Mike and I picked up the pace at this point, finishing mile 3 in 8:36, which includes the 1/2 mile hill that hits up to 13% grades at certain points. From here on, Mike and I finished the next few miles in 7:48, 7:58, 7:51 and the final 0.15 miles at a 7:45 min/mile pace. Really good run, especially considering how I felt on Monday's run and actually turned in a PR on the course without really pushing!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009