Donation Totals

Thursday, April 16, 2009

New PR on Lunchtime Run Course with Mike P

Today was a really busy day, with me having time in the NSI for depositions and on the UV-Vis so scheduling got a bit tight. As it was, Mike and I had to put off our run until about 12 and even then I hadn't gotten to eat anything since breakfast. All this led me to throw down a couple sports beans pre-run and then hit the road. As it was just Mike and I, we got going and I quickly found out that we were starting off at a bit quicker pace than we anticipated, knocking out the first two miles in 7:48 and 7:38, before Mike mentioned it and we pulled back some. However, that next mile incorporated the big hill and we thought we were slowing, but still finished mile 3 in 8:32 and then pushed out the remaining miles in 7:56, 7:50 and 8:00 and finishing the last 0.15 miles at a 7:26 min/mile pace. Overall it was quite the tiring run and took a great deal out of me. However, it was a PR for the course for me, so I can't complain too much!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009