Donation Totals

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Track in the hail and rain...

Well, it was a mess of a day at work, to the point where I was running out of the office about 15 min late in my attempt to get to Elana's to meet Betsy for track. Once again, the Handmaiden was watching the boy while we did our running! Anyway, it was a gorgeous day ALL day, to the point where it was killing me to be inside all day. However, we hadn't gotten in more than two warmup laps when the precipitation started... Initially I thought, well a little rain won't kill me, then I noticed that the rain was cold, then that it hurt when it hit me! OHHHH thats what they call HAIL! SO like any intelligent person, I ran for cover, with the bleachers offering the closest respite. But then of course it started lightning and realizing metal bleachers are NOT a good place to stay during a lightning storm, I ran for the high school and found a little door inlet and waited out the weather there with a few others. It abated in a few min, so after a short bit of deliberation, we made the executive decision to run and got going. It was again my first trip back to the track in over a month, so my INTENTION was to take it easy, but well best laid plans and all. The workout was 2x1 mile and 2x800 with a 400 jog between each. I finished the first mile in 6:43, which was a bit more than my body was ready to give apparently, but I still finished the second run in 6:53. However, once I got started on the 800s, I got about 3/4 of a lap in and realized I just didn't have it. So I hung up on that one and waited for Betsy, finishing in a shortened 800 (maybe 750?) in 3:08, and then following that up with a 3:24 with Betsy. Overall it was a decent return, but not great, but we will see!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009