Donation Totals

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bike ride and annoying tunes...

Well once again, Auntie Elana came over to watch the little guy so Betsy and I could get our exercise fix. We started off the day with a nice walk around the neighborhood, with Cole getting a ride on Daddy's shoulders then came back to the house for him to take a nap and me to head out back with Betsy and get going on the tilling of the yard. After finishing the new flower bed and the vegetable garden, we put it away and waited for the Handmaiden to show up. Of course, once again the boy was asleep when Elana finally got here, but sometimes it works out that way! So we got going and immediately I started noticing that I was singing in my head and pedalling to the beat... what song you might ask? OH, that would be the annoying Easter Bunny song from the singing EB my parents gave Cole for Easter! Try not going crazy when you have a silly and catchy children's tune stuck in your head. It was an hours worth of 'when I'm happy my ears wiggle and my foot taps up and down, when I'm happy I giggle , and I never ever frown...', I promise you, if that stupid bunny was within reach during my ride it would not have EVER sung that song again!!! Thanks again mom and dad... Anyway, it was a great ride, at least down to Indian Head, with Betsy and I putting in a great pace, however, the hills and the huge headwind on the way back really took alot out of me... Then of course once I got home it was time to mow the lawn and do the edging before heading out to Red Robin for din din!!!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009