Donation Totals

Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekend off leads to Suffer-O-Rama...

Well I had to go to a meeting for a committee I am on through the Materials Research Society yesterday downtown, so I didn't get anything in workout-wise. Further, I missed Sat due to the cold weather and soreness from my 18 miler the day before. Therefore, today with the snow (6" about) that we got overnight dooming any thoughts of running (I did get to go and play in the snow with Cole and Betsy and the doggies though!), I took some time to hop on the bike trainer in between my efforts working on a paper I have been trying desperately to finish writing over the past few months. Decided I needed a challenging workout, so I put in the Suffer-O-Rama tape, about 50 min of brutality, with high cadence/high gearing efforts, standing and sitting efforts, a few sprints and some time trial efforts. Anyway, afterwards I was quite beat! Good workout though! Not sure what the plan for tomorrow is as it is supposed to be wet and cold again, might be doing something on the treadmill or trainer again!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009