Donation Totals

Monday, March 9, 2009

Afternoon recovery run.

So I am still recovering from this weekend's 20 miler, but with my track workout looming tomorrow evening, I needed to get out for a short recovery run to loosen up. I got home from work around 4:30 or so and quickly got changed and hit the road. I was trying to keep a nice slow 8:30-9:00 min/mile pace, but I am repeatedly finding out that my new 'easy' is 8:20 or so and every attempt I made to slow up proved unsuccessful as I just lapsed back into the comfortable 8:20 pace again. Anyway, I was pretty tight, but finished the 4 mile run in 33:42, with miles in 8:12, 8:17, 8:20, 8:07 min.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009