Donation Totals

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Last long run before the marathon!

Well with one week to go until my marathon, I wanted to get in one last reasonably long run, just to loosen up and get the muscle memory back in for my pacing. So Jon, Betsy, Cole and I all got going on the Accokeek loop, planning to get in five miles together before Jon and I were going to break off to finish with about eight. We started off at a pretty decent pace of about 8:20 min/mile, not so bad considering I was pushing the stroller, having to stop briefly just after the first mile and again just before mile three due to some constuction, but felt really good. It was truly the most comfortable I have been with the stroller thus far. We kept the pace, chatting through the run adding in an extra mile to the four mile loop by doing an out and back on Accolawn road, before coming back to Livingston Rd, where Betsy and Cole headed home and Jon and I continued on for the final three miles. We headed out the dirt road (Apple Valley) out to Bryan Pt road, did a quick loop around the second dirt road there, and came back on Farmington before heading straight back on Livingston to home. We kept the pace steady the whole way, just about the pace I want to keep for the marathon, so it was a really successful run! Finished the miles in 8:27, 8:24, 8:14, 8:23, 8:30, 9:08 (up the big hill), 8:27 and 8:13 min before finishing the final 0.2 miles at 7:47 min/mile pace. Great run. Been nice to have Jon around again, always seem to have good runs when we head out together!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009