Donation Totals

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

'Track' workout on the road with Cole!

So I got a workout from Jerry to get out and get in a nice warmup, then get in 3 miles at 7:45 min/mile, followed by a nice long recovery. I got out with a nice 8:24 min mile to warmup, then stretching a bit before getting started for the 3 mile effort. Cole and I got rolling out for 1 1/2 miles before turning around and finishing on the return trip. I got the miles done in 7:42, 7:57 and 7:33 min, a bit faster for 1 and 3 than my goal pace, with mile 2 being a bit slower than the others due to the turnaround and just general trouble dialing in my pace. I finished off with an easy mile in 8:31 min before coming in and stretching out. Overall it was a good effort and fun to hit the road for the 2nd day in a row with my giggling baby boy!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009