Donation Totals

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snowy roads leads to recovery run on the treadmill

After work hopped on the treadmill and used the 'personal trainer' setting for a 10k run. This appears to simulate hills during a road run, however really pushes the hills! I only did level 10 and it still beat me down, despite only trying to maintain a 8:27 min/mile pace! I tried keeping track of my heartrate during the run, but my training center program didn't like that so much. Anyway, got the 10k down in 52:27, with miles in 8:31, then 5 straight miles at 8:26. Good run, good workout, ready for track tomorrow.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009