Donation Totals

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wicked Windy, but otherwise beautiful, long 15 mile run.

After getting the little monster to go down for his nap around 1PM, I got going for my long run. Originally I intended to get out for a 16 mile run, but due to the wind freaking killing me toward the end of the run, just cut it short by one. Started off a bit stronger than I wanted, going between 8:00 and 8:15 min/mile for the first 4 mile set and the initial couple miles of the 2nd 4 miles. I made an on the fly crappy decision after finishing the 2nd four miles, where I decided rather than stick to my plan of 4x4 mile loops, getting water and a snack after each loop, that I would push on loop 3 and get in 6-7 miles so I wouldn't have much left. Well, that is exactly what happened, I didn't have much left, but instead of not much distance left, I didn't have much left in the tank. Furthermore, after hitting mile 12, I hit a straightaway and had the wind hit me in the face for about 3/4 of a mile of the run. The wind just about did me in, causing me to slow down a couple times and actually take a breather to stretch for a period at two points. Really frustrating. Good news was that the mole skin I got to cover my blister worked like a charm and I had no issues with that! Overall, it was still a pretty good run with all run, with all miles under 9:00 min/mile pace that I need for the marathon. I finished the miles in 8:05, 8:15, 8:16, 8:11, 8:15, 8:30, 8:28, 8:25, 8:42, 8:53, 8:26, 8:32, 8:35, 8:47, and then finished the last mile in a solid 8:23 pace. However, while stretching, I apparently threw my back out. Definitely seems like my body is telling me I need a rest week. So this week will be a step back on the mileage for sure!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009