Donation Totals

Monday, February 16, 2009

Morning recovery run.

Got going this morning around 7:30am, despite the cold weather. I went out for a nice easy six miles, trying to keep the pace somewhere around 8:15 min/mile or so and succeeded. I got my miles finished in 8:39, 8:19, 8:14, 7:59, 8:10, 8:07 and then finished the final 0.2 miles at a 8:12 min/mile pace, finishing overall with a 51:05 time for a 10k. Amazingly, I didn't put in much effort (recovery run afterall) yet somehow I set a PR for a 10K! Felt pretty strong for most of it, but my stomach was a bit sour. Anyway, glad I got out, now on to housework for Cole's baptism next weekend!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009