Donation Totals

Friday, February 13, 2009

Long run before work.

Well this weekend the weather is supposed to turn to crap, especially following this past week of temps in the 50's and 60's, so I decided to do some work tomorrow morning and get up really early this morning and hit the road for my 16 miler. So I got up at 6AM, got dressed, took the prerequisite 30 hours of prep time to get all my blisters on my feet covered with mole skin, then stretched and hit the road. Got going around 7AM, got in about 10 miles, eating sports beans each 3-4 miles to avoid the bonking that happened during my 15 miler. Did have a couple really intense hills, one on the dirt road loop in Mayaone village where I actually ran out of steam and had to walk a stretch, but not too long as I still managed a 9:10 mile. OVerall, set a PR for the day, beating my previous best 16 miler by 10 min! Anyway, maintained a 8:29 min/mile pace, finishing miles in 8:36, 8:35, 8:22, 8:39, 8:;46, 8:37, 9:12, 8:23, 8:30, 8:19, 8:25, 8:22, 8:30, 8:33, 8:21 and the pushing that final mile out in a great 7:41 min/mile pace. Felt really good, and it was great for my confidence.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009