Donation Totals

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rushin' to Run with the Baby Boy after work!

Got home a bit later than I had hoped, swinging in around 4:45PM, so it was getting tight for a run before sundown. But Betsy fed Cole while I got dressed and then I popped the boy in the Bob stroller and hit the road. After an admonishment from his SUPER OVERPROTECTIVE MOTHER to "stay off the main road" and "Couldn't you just do a couple out and backs on the access road?" and "do you really think it is ok for Cole to go?", I finally got my way and we took off. I immediately noticed a stiff breeze, ok it was gusts, which of course when coupled with the parachute that is the stroller makes for a really tough run! Regardless, we got off and maintained a pretty stiff pace, which I tried to reign in on myself, but Cole wouldn't have it. Since he was always in the lead, I never had a choice as I was always playing catchup! Anyway, despite the wind and the fact that I was pushing a stroller, we maintained right about an 8:08 min/mile pace, finishing miles in 8:09, 8:04, 8:08 and 8:13 before finishing the last 0.12 miles at a 7:56 pace. Great run and had a great time with the baby boy! Hope to make this a more common occurrence!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009