Donation Totals

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Really rough afternoon long run (I hate Wind!!!)

So I left work early for various reasons, not least of which being some terrible news on the home front that was just keeping me from concentrating on work. Further, with Colvin's baptism this weekend we have so much work remaining on the house that I had to take some time to help Betsy with some of that and this afternoon seemed like a good time. Well by 3PM, Betsy and Cole were going for a walk with her friend Susie and her two twin daughters, so I decided to get in my long run instead of waiting until tomorrow! BIG F'N mistake!!! There were 40 mph winds, and while it was in the high 40's, everytime the wind blew it froze me to the bone. So I was alternating between hot and cold the entire time, plus pushing against the run over the entire distance. I did a 7 mile loop first, passing Betsy, Cole, Susie, the twins and Trinity on two occassions, then headed back inside the house to throw on some long pants, an extra long sleeve shirt, and to have some water. The first 7 miles went fairly well, and while the cold was getting to me a bit, I felt pretty strong looking forward to the second half. Anyway, I got in about 3 miles before the wheels started to fall off and I started to bonk. I think I was just severely dehydrated and it caused me to have to stop on 2 occassions just to kind of get my wits back as I was kind of faltering. Anyway, I pushed through until 12 miles, but with everything else, I felt it would have been stupid to push for those extra two miles. I now know it was a good decision as I am still a bit out of it. Anyway, decent run pace-wise, finishing with an average of 8:22 min/mile (1:40:29). I finished miles in 8:09, 8:14, 8:24, 8:19, 8:25, 8:16, 8:16, 8:26, 8:31, 8:29, 8:37 and finally 8:23 min.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009