Donation Totals

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Treadmill 'Track' Workout.

Because of the terrible weather (it was sleeting and there were still a couple inches of snow on the ground), I was forced to do my track workout indoors on a treadmill over in the NRL gym. It actually wasn't too bad; close proximity to a slightly ajar window kept me cooler and had my Ipod to keep me motivated. Furthermore, my last two track workouts have been plagued but subpar 800 times, so by doing an interval workout on the treadmill, I could set the pace to ensure that I was pushing myself. The workout was 5x800 with a 400 jog following each effort. Started off with a 1 mile warmup at 8:36 pace, then got off and stretched and got going on the workout shortly thereafter. Kept my 800 times at 3:15 pace (9.3 mph) and finished all five in good form. I took the jogs at a 6.6 mph pace (about 9 min/mile) and then did a cool down mile in 8:41. Overall I felt pretty good throughout, although I labored a bit on the second half of the last 800. What was fairly disconcerting is the worsening of the blister on my left foot right where my big toe meets my foot. It has opened up a bit more and was painful to walk on following the workout. I may be forced to take tomorrow off to ensure that I will be good to go for a 4 miler on Friday and my long 16 miler on Sat morning.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009