Donation Totals

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Long run with the family!

Got out for my 10 mile run today, but had the added benefit of running with Betsy and Cole (in the jogging stroller) for part of it. We started off together, keeping about an 8:30 min/mile pace, stopping at mile 4 at the house so I could run inside and get some vaseline as I was having a bit of a raw nip! Because Betsy was only running another mile, I grabbed a leash and hopped out on the road with Trinity as well. Took off again, putting in another 1/2 mile together before leaving Betsy and Cole to finish the final 6.5 miles on my own. From that point forward I kept up a pretty strong pace, maintaining the same pace for the rest of the run, with the exception of mile 9, which included a 10% grade hill, slowing me down to 8:47 min/mile and then the final mile where I put in a really strong finish, completing the mile in 8:02. I completed the miles in 8:34, 8:28, 8:30, 8:43, 8:55, 8:38, 8:36, 8:32, 8:4 and, 8:02 min/mile. It was a decent run overall.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009