Donation Totals

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Starting off the New Year!

My parents left this morning after we all slept in a bit later than usual. This afternoon Betsy and I decided we wanted to get out for a run, so we bundled the little guy up, popped him in the running stroller and hit the road! Betsy only wanted to do 4 miles, while I was planning on six, so we did the loop through Accokeek together, until we got within about a 1/4 mile of our house, where I took off going the other way. Got the 3.78 miles in together, going at 8:33, 8:27, 8:15 and the final 3/4 mile at a 8:24 pace, before taking off by myself for another 2.36 miles with paces of 8:02, 7:49 and the final 1/3 of a mile at 7:56 min/mile. Felt ok most of the way, labored a bit more than I might have wanted, but considering the slack I have had running, it wasn't so bad.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009