Donation Totals

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just RUUUUNNNN-in in the Rain...

I worked from home today on this day of most foul freezing rainy weather. There was finally a break around 2pm, so I got my stuff on and hit the road. I needed to go to the post office to mail out a couple packages, so I ran there first, sent the packages and then got started. I was trying to maintain about an 8 min/mile pace for the 5 mile or so run and did just that, keeping my miles in 8:13, 8:08, 8:07, 8:06, 8:06 then finishing the final 1/3 of a mile at an 8:16 min/mile pace. Felt kind of lethargic for most of the run, seeing my heart rate up in the 165-170 range for most of it, but overall it was a fairly decent run. Looking forward to a track practice over at Bolling tomorrow!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009