Donation Totals

Monday, January 19, 2009

Hitting the road with Jon!

Yesterday I went out for Mike Papantonakis' Baby Daddy's last day, hitting brunch at Tunnicliff's at Eastern Market, followed by some beers, tequila and bar food at Ugly Mug's on Capital Hill for the Eagles' and Cardinal's Championship game. Drank a enough to get a little waxed, then took the metro home to Southern Metro Station where I was propositioned for a 'good time' while I waited for Betsy to pick me up. Extra bonus points because she told me Betsy could join! Anyway, with that being my day yesterday, I of course didn't get in a run, but despite a very minor hangover got in a nice 4 miler with Jon this morning! Hit the road trying to keep the pace around 8 min miles, however, after a first mile in 8:15, we steadily upped the pace to 7:52, 7:51 and then finally 7:37 min/miles before finishing the final 0.1 miles at a 7:30 min/mile pace. Felt pretty good with the exception of some slight stomach discomfort. Further, unlike the past couple runs, my hips didn't seem to get significantly sore from the effort, so that is a plus. Either way, will be going for a nice tempo run tomorrow!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009