Donation Totals

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stadiums at the Lincoln Memorial

Betsy and I went down to the monuments this morning with the girls (Trinity and Shelbi). Trinity and I started at the Lincoln Memorial and I took off doing just short of a two mile warmup, running up by the WWII Memorial then turning around and finishing at the steps behind the Lincoln. There I did 12 sets of stadiums up the steps. Finishing off, I took Trinity took a lap from the Lincoln, turning around at Washington and then ending where we parked to head home. Betsy spent the time walking with Shelbi. Started off really cool and windy, but warmed up rather quick. Felt really good, finishing at sub 8 min pace.
Really fun running around the monuments, so many people, so much to look at, just so much going on! Beautiful scenery too! Overall, great run!!! I posted an image of the route in Google Earth with 3D buildings so the monuments are included! Just click on the picture for a closer view!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009