Donation Totals

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nice easy training ride in the beautiful weather

Doing a nice moderate ride trying to keep about 18-19 mph and just trying to keep comfortable. Another beautiful day in the 80's with almost no humidity. Going to go for a hike later with Betsy, Cole, Elana and Elana's mom Ronna. Essentially wanted to get in some time to spin to loosen my muscles that are still pretty tight from yesterday's 10 mile run. Overall it was a pretty good ride, avg 18.5 mph, although I came close to bonking toward the end. Got my new wheelset and 12-28 cassette that I am going to try out tomorrow.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009