Donation Totals

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Long run - 12 miles at Belle Haven

Going for my long run this morning. Betsy ran at the same time with Cole in the running stroller with Trinity! Started off at the Belle Haven rest stop and ran north to the 9 mile mark before turning around and heading south until I got to the 3 mile mark where I turned around and got back to the start. Felt ok, not great, but ok. Wanted to keep my miles under 8:30 min/mile, and instead maintained miles in 8:16, 8:30, 8:00, 8:18, 8:16, 8:19, 8:08, 8:58, 8:12, 8:08, the finishing strong with my last two miles in 7:39 and 7:46. Looking forward to the 1/2 marathon race I have at Belle Haven next Monday! Taking the day easy from here on out and looking forward to a nice big dinner at Red Robin tonight!

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009