Donation Totals

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Start Marathon Training!

Doing a 10K run as the first 'long' run of my Marathon training! I am starting an 18 week Marathon training course to lead up to the OBX Marathon that I will be running with my rugby buddy and really good friend Greg Dunnigan the first weekend in Nov! The race is down in North Carolina along the shore! Felt great the whole way, started off running with Trinity for the first 2.5 miles. She did really well, I am hoping that I can incorporate her into a couple of my runs if only for a limited amount to keep her in shape! After that initial 2.5 miles with her, I dropped her off inside and started out for the remainder on my own. Maintained about 8:05 min/mile for each mile (miles in 8:09, 8:06, 8:06, 8:03, 8:13, 7:38 then the last 0.1 at a 7:04 min/mile pace) until I could kick it in for the final mile. Great start to training. Have my off day (playing softball) tomorrow.

No comments:

2010 Efforts!

This year, like last year, I will be riding for Mary Payton's Miracle - My friend Steve Kogos from Trigators informed me that his friend Joe's daughter, Mary Payton, was diagnosed a number of years back with Late Infantile Batten Disease. This is a disease with no cure, however, there are special experimental (and extremely expensive) treatments which have shown some significant signs of success! In order to assist with the costly treatments and research, Mary Payton's Miracle was created to raise money to find a cure, hopefully in time to save little Mary Payton as well as the many others affected by this terrible disease!

Total Mileage

Current Challenges

Valid 2/1-12/1/2009